воскресенье, 24 марта 2019 г.

Walt Whitman as a Voice for the People Essay examples -- Walt Whitman

Walt Whit art object as a Voice for the People The proof of a poet is that his country absorbs him as ofttimes as he absorbs his country. This brilliant quote from Walt Whitman thus ends his preface to Leaves of Grass, and thenceforth begins the poem Song of Myself. To many, upon their first reading, this was a crude, shocking and distasteful ensn be of work. but to me...this was a festivity of life. And not just a celebration of his own life, but of every life, of the American life. Walt Whitman is the voice of the people and this I believe because, while he did write of things that were not chancen as aesthetically beautiful by many...including homosexuality, loneliness, and death. And while these topics were not picturesque to many people, they are life. Real life. And this is what I, as a reader, loves the most about Song of Myself. His voices is a fresher nihility from those that came before him. Whitman offered an entirely new style that could get up even simila r subject matter seem incredibly different, and sustain entirely opposite emotions. America was finally allowed to step out into the wind and learn how refreshing truth can be. Walt Whitman was the voice of every American. scratch of all, I love the awareness that Whitman has of his own life, and of everyone elses life. He hides vigor of himself from the reader, and offers himself truthfully, saying Welcome is every organ and attribute of me, and of any man hearty and clean, Not an inch nore a particle of an inch is vile, and none shall be less familiar than the rest (section 3, lines 49-51) We are able to see that this poet has such a love of life, acceptance of order, and honesty to offer. In discharge he allows the ... ...e. Nothing is insignificant when seen through Whitmans eyes. Also, in this subject, we genuinely see his Pantheist view coming out loud and adopt when we writes I hear and behold God in every object, to date I understand God n ot in the least, Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself. (lines 1274-5) I found Walt Whitman to be an incredible poet, and I loved his writing style. He had the ability to make everything significant, and natural. He had a way of letting everything locate into its own place, without casting a certain order. I pass on conclude by leaving you with Whitmans own words, in the hopes that they pull up stakes inspire you as much as they have me Long bountiful have you dreamed contemptible dreams, Now I wash the gingiva from your eyes, You must habit yourself to the dazzle of the light and of every moment of your life.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий